Re: [Chrysler300] Brake Fluid for a 300F

Re: [Chrysler300] Brake Fluid for a 300F

That is right Paul — “it costs too much “. Same as stainless steel brake lines .. should be mandatory . Once in a moment of utter frustration , after I was almost killed due to a 62 dodge daily driver brake line burst ( dakotas are well known for that , too, by the way.. lines on the axle  and frame   ). ..It only bursts of course during a full on panic stop , — nice , huh? ...  So— I wrote NHTSA about stainless lines . A nice lady engineer replied “ we know, but they cost too much “. Only poor people at the time had old cars  / rusty lines is the fact of who gets hurt . Not 100k government engineers. Add in single masters .
So I got a RETAIL quote on 20 feet of line .. still remember the numbers .. about 9$ for galvanized , 17 $ for stainless . Retail . Wholesale by million feet probably 2$ and 4$ . Sent that  to her ... no answer . Could save hundreds of lives . But we got big rubber bumpers from them , to save insurance company money . Today Apple play and 32 speakers. And galvanized lines ..
On silicone , I defer to military long term storage of 500k $ trucks. Have to go when needed . ... and my own understanding of it . Anecdotes are just that . I am not strident , or argumentative at all —  everyone can do as they want .
Best , John
Sent from my iPhone not by choice

    Chrysler300-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Chrysler300-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx