RE: [Chrysler300] driveshaft boot

Go through all that work, and the boot will be ripped again in 1000-2000 miles, the new boots are simply not up to the standards of the originals..  I got fed up with it and had a new driveshaft made with modern joint at local shop.  Fit perfect, NO shakes. NO clanking.  Cost around $400.  Old shaft saved for posterity, I hope they have a good time with it, I’m through, I’ll never have to deal with it again, take points off, that’s fine with me, life’s too short.  Now let me tell you how I really feel…

Bob J

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of 'Bob Merritt' bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:16 AM
To: LUCKYL46@xxxxxxx; Chrysler 300 List <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] driveshaft boot

We have a video on the drive shaft boot replacement.

Yes, drive shaft has to come out of the car

but if all you want to do is replace the boot,

the boot can be worked through the housing.

Video above shows this.

New boots available:

Drive Shaft Boot Kits. New trunion universal joint boot for Chrysler, Desoto, Dodge and Plymouth with 4" Detroit joint used from 1953 - 1965. Comes with correct factory clamps and instructions. $53, includes shipping to lower 48. Click here for picture. I accept PayPal and US Postal Money Orders. Mark Sherman at email: silkwormgrub@xxxxxxxxxxx or 207-809-6911.