Re: [Chrysler300] Re: 440 Engines and Cross Rams

Don Verity has a 440 Magnum in his F and it runs very strong (14.69 @ 92 mph at Englishtown Raceway 20 years ago - GOD, has that been 20 years already?).

From: "Larry Jett LarryWJett@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2017 12:28 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Re: 440 Engines and Cross Rams

My 300F coupe had a 440 block installed in the late 80's by the restorer Joel Cox.  The only downside was when being 'judged' by the Inc Club, I lost a point once for having too few bolts holding the valve covers down, and once for having the "Highland Park Chirp" starter, rather than the direct drive 1960 model.  Can't answer if the 60 Torqueflight will mate to the 440 but Joel had an Imperial Torquer installed from probably a 62 car so the parking brake could be from the 1960.

Eat, Drink, and be Larry........

Posted by: brian wolfe <brianwolfe67@xxxxxxxxx>