Re: [Chrysler300] F transmission mount donut

Re: [Chrysler300] F transmission mount donut

Hi John,

I too am interested in this. Now that you have mentioned it, I think I am missing the “donut" from my G. At idle, the exhaust is hitting the frame. I had assumed the motor mount(s) had gone bad, but the brake torque test made them look good. Next, the engine and trans seem to be sitting in car square, so the trans mount is OK. I got underneath the car and the center bolt seemed to be extended below the crossmember. I could lift the transmission up towards the floorboard, perhaps 1/2”, clearly something is missing, or the spring has permanently compressed to an undesirable height. I am now thinking I am missing the “donut” you mentioned.

As I look in my ’61 parts book, this appears to be part number 2122280 “stop”.

I am assuming the F and G are the same. Any chance this is what you are referring to?

Best regards,

Richard Osborne