Yes, I sure wish I had one!!

At least with the a/c plenum off and the heater bypassed, I can run it with valve covers on until its warm, then do one side at a time-quickly!!

Best, MIke

On May 10, 2014, at 5:27 AM, 'tomlin' tomlin@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mike,
 You may also try to obtain an old valve cover and cut the middle out with
shears or jig saw with metal cutting blade.  I have kept one around for many
years and it helps when you need to run with access to the rockers.
Controls the oil at least mostly.
Tim Tomlinson

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2014 11:22 PM
To: paul paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300H valve adjustment

What a terrific idea! I will do something like that also then.

Thanks for all the help! I wish I could find Cometic 4 bolt valve cover
gaskets,
Best, Mike Moore

On May 9, 2014, at 8:38 PM, paul paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]

On 5/9/2014 8:15 PM, Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] wrote:

> Stephen, Paul, Ray, John, Marchal et al:

> Thank you all for your great input.
> I am a stock kind of a person-all I would LIKE to have is something
> close to what was delivered in 1961. I am not interested in racing.

> I have spent the afternoon removing the valve cover  on the passenger
> side and all plugs. I did not follow the path of getting the correct
> piston at TDC to get it off.

> I removed the a/c plenum instead because it needs some work done on it
> anyway. I am not going to use a degree wheel as Barnes insists I must, I
> am going to pretend it's a Chrysler cam (other than setting lash) and
> just follow the shop manual procedure for a 300H with sold lifter.

> I am going to set the valve lash running (hot) and clean up the mess
> later. One reason is that I am working alone and just can't turn the
> engine precisely enough to get the correct rotational position to adjust
> the valves. I am thinking it will be easier to clean up  the mess!

> Especially if I do one side at a time and leave the valve cover on the
> one I'm not adjusting.

> Best, Mike Moore

ALRIGHTY, zounds like you have a plan,  If like me you just might be
interested in other stuff as well.  :-)

I have a pile of NICE magnets, some plastic sheeting held in place with
good magnets will keep a lot of earl spray controlled.
Use it to cover a lot of your fender well liner, and some other areas
that will probably get squirted.  Just an Idea.
Can REALLY lessen the cleanup task!

I have something like that rigged up for bleeding brakes when the master
cylinder wants to squirt fluid up from the open fill cavity.

--
Paul Holmgren
On account of being a democracy and run by the people,

"Leave Group" button

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to
http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo Groups