From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jamie Hyde
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:42 PM
To: 'Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [Chrysler300] Door Moisture barriers

300 Letter Car World, I am doing another small restoration project that may,
or may not interest you, or apply to your car but, I have found a vendor who
is willing to reproduce the plastic moisture barriers that cover the door
sheet metal, and that are located behind the door panel itself, or in the
case of the rear panel, next to the seat. He currently makes these for the A
and B body crowd, and has expressed a desire to reproduce these for the C
body Chrysler cars as well, his kits will include the special adhesive bead
if required, I don't yet know about the wide black tape. What started this
was I was talking to him about another project he just finished, and that is
the beautiful Glove Box Warranty card kits. He knew that I have a 65 300 L
convertible and mentioned the idea of doing these plastic sheets for the C
body's but, stated he had no patterns to work from. Well now (in the mail
tomorrow) he has my 65 convertible parts, and a friend of Jack Bettino's
just provided me with the 1965 hard top samples this afternoon. This friend
of Jacks (non letter car guy) also had the 66-68 2 door hardtop samples as
well, different hole for the front door release, it is square verses, the 65
round and are going to be included in my shipment.  So my request is for
fellow 300 club members to check their spare parts for pre 64 moisture
barriers, in both hardtop and convertible applications. I do know that at
some point on the prior models, according the Vendor, these plastic barriers
were not used, but I trust our members to provide data as to what years the
barriers were used, or not used. If you would like to deal directly with the
Vendor, his name is David Patrick at Performance Car Graphic's @
850-878-1450 . As a motivation he was offering to reproduce the first set of
the patterns that he does not have for free,  and may continue to extend
this offer to other members. If you would rather not deal with David, and
are willing to bring the barriers to the spring meet, I will mail them down
to him for you. I will have a complete set of A body barriers that he makes,
with me the spring meet for your inspection. Plus you just have to see these
1965 warranty card kits in person, they are stunning.  It is one more reason
to attend, see ya soon.

Jamie Hyde
585-321-2721 Office
585-465-0067 Cell