From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Don Warnaar
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:20 PM
To: GARY RUNKEL; John Nowosacki
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Power Locks

I have a Chrysler & Imperial Data Book for 1965 and the paragraph on page 28
that pertains to our discussion reads as follows:

"Electric Door-Locking System - Here's a real convenience that's available
on all 4-door Chryslers. Just turn a key in either front door and all four
doors lock automatically. . .electrically. When entering the car, the car
key unlocks only the door the key is used in. Once inside the car, pushing
down either front-door button locks all four doors. . .pulling up either
front-door button unlocks all doors. Both rear doors can be unlocked
individually from inside the car by lifting the push button on the door."

I have no personal experience with the system. Anyone on the listserver have
(or had) a 4-door 1965 Chrysler with power door locks? I would imagine most
cars that had that option were New Yorkers or at least 4 door 300s. It sure
would be an oddity for someone having ordered a Newport with the option.

Can anyone pinpoint in what year they switched from vacuum to electric?

Don Warnaar