RE: [Chrysler300] Trailers and Winches

Mark,

I've pulled cars in 5-6 different trailers, open and closed, through the
years.

I have ALWAYS used a 4-point auto tie-down set.
Last time I purchased a set online (when I towed my E from TX to AZ). When I
got there one of the buckles had bent. Make sure you buy a HD set!

Also make sure your D-rings on the floor are reinforced. Many standard
trailer setups are more for pulling Corvettes or Cudas and other
intermediate cars.

I always suggest NO PARKING BRAKE. Why put the stress there? Also you must
tie down in neutral, brake off, so that all 4 ties have even pressure. I
have seen many people have the brake on or in gear and front is tighter than
rear, or vice versa.

I have never used a winch, but if you believe it will hold the front tight,
maybe two ties in the rear would suffice. Always cross the rear ties that
are of course wrapped around opposite sides of the rear axle.

Last suggestion, makes sure all four trailer tires are < 5 years old. They
will blow out from sitting/dry rot even when they are visually very nice.

JD

John Dokos
jd195@xxxxxxxxxxx
(512) 639-5190