RE: [Chrysler300] aussie weather & few 300 qs - sun Time in the NW of US

RE: [Chrysler300] aussie weather & few 300 qs - sun Time in the NW of USA

A note to all about Chris's weather reports.  Adelaide has a desert to the
North and the Southern Ocean and Antarctica to the South so the weather
depends on which way the wind blows.  Chris, move to Brisbane.  It is much
more pleasant.

1 Why bother with a silent chain?  They wear out quicker and even cost more.
I got my premium double roller chain and sprockets from Performance
Automotive Warehouse in the US to suit 392 for US $40.  Buy new keys at the
same time.  PAW provides very good service with parts at your door in one to
two weeks.

2 Just keep pulling the bits off until there is nothing left covering the
vinyl.  Not a small task.  I tried to get mine remade locally but found it
was cheaper to import one from Sweden - because they already have the moulds
and the guy here is a #*@*!.  I haven't put it on yet but it looks perfect.

3 Read the 57 Service Manual to see what you need to do.  It is very
comprehensive.  You can get them on ebay for US$40 if you don't have one.
Getting the transmission in and out is probably the hardest thing.

4 I'd like to know too - no rush though.

Note to 300C/D/E owners with spares.  I am still chasing a chrome air scoop
bezel - any condition.  Please look on the Parts Wanted section of the club
website.

Cheers

Henry in Brisbane Australia (86 degrees and sunny)