RE: [Chrysler300] carb rebuilds

To all:

>From my experience a large part of initial hesitation on launch is caused by
ignition (distributor) settings.  The most improvement I have experienced
was after having my distributor "recurved", both the distributor advance
weights as well as the vacuum advance (spring and washer preload) initial
settings.  I think that the carb is the easier part of the puzzle.

Find someone locally that races Mopars and see who they use for their
distributor recurving service.

Big John Mc Adams

(In SoCal)

  _____

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of david shapiro
Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:15 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] carb rebuilds

Okay, I have a few responses to my previous
question, now how about a source for carb kits that
are jet and metering rod inclusive?Is there such a
beast? or does one source individual parts from
different places? I think that my innards have been
"butchered" by past rebuilders and really want all
new jets, metering rods and accelarator pumps.
I just can't believe that these carbs should'nt work
perfectly if done right. Did these cars have hesitation
problems from the factory? I dont think so, but what do the
wise sages of 300 land say?
David

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional