Re: [Chrysler300] electric window motor removal ?

Re: [Chrysler300] electric window motor removal ?

You are very wrong, largely dependent on if the assy. in in the door
with the window attached or on the bench.
The purpose of the large coiled spring is to counter-balance the
weight of the very heavy window assy.

With it in the door, it's not a big problem, you must watch as you
remove the motor for the window slamming down and catching you when it
does. Stick a piece of wood in there, cut to reach from the bottom of
the door to the bottom of the window so it can't slide down.

If it's out, when you take the last bolt from the motor and pull the
motor off the assy., that spring will uncoil, swinging the window arm
violently around in an arc. I know this from personal experience,
having a dent in my skull/forehead area. I thought my skull was split
open, but was holding the assy. loosely in my hand and it flew across
the shop. If it had been in a vise, .....

I've used vise grips, but prefer to drill a hole thru the assy. frame
and thru the big arm and install a bolt to secure it.

It doesn't matter where the arm is as you re-install the motor, it
just runs backwards and forwards until the switch is released.

Ray