  From: Paul Weihl
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 2:03 PM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Advance Spring Set

  I have my distributor out from my 61G. It appears that the mechanical advance is opening much too early when turning the distributor shaft with a battery drill, like about 500 rpm or less. Looking at the springs to the governor, the light spring has tension but the heavy spring is loose and has no tension and the spring appears to be expanded too much. Someone before me must of made some changes. I have been searching the web for replacement springs, but without any luck. The parts catalog shows p/n 2084-866 for the the spring set used in the IBS-4011 distributor. The other models cars have a different distributor number and different p/n for their spring set. Does anyone know of a source for these springs or a replacement set of springs? Thanks.

  Paul

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: