RE: [Chrysler300] New Information on 2x4 manifolds filling ALL early hem

RE: [Chrysler300] New Information on 2x4 manifolds filling ALL early hemis 331 to 392

Larry:

Thank you for your research.  As a possible further assist, I've created a
tiny URL and copied the text from the ad for server readers.  Apparently if
you have matching heads and blocks, all manifolds are interchangeable.  I've
read that the '55 heads are somehow preferred on later blocks.  So, if
331/354 heads are installed on a 392 block, manifolds will not fit.  (But it
is apparently done, so what manifold is then used???  Spacers?)  The ad does
answer my previous question of manifold heat as somehow routing exhaust gas
through one section of the base of the intake manifold for carb heat.

I'm wondering what intake manifold was used on "Adam" and other early 331
race engines?

Anyway, this link should be easier to use and the text is shown below.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
1955 Chrysler C-300
Brentwood, CA (Allergy season in full swing as trees and plants are in bloom
and it is too dusty dry to wash the pollen out of the air.  Beautiful
weather, but the state and county are out of water and money while still
having an excess of bovine fecal debris.)

http://tinyurl.com/bhr5qe

Weiand's part# 7263. New low profile, dual four intake manifold. It fits any
of the 1955-58 Chrysler 331, 354, and 392 hemi engines. It's aluminum
(2-4's) made for the Carter or Edelbrock AFB series carburetors mounted
inline. It has the standard square bore mounting but they would sit too
close for Holley's to fit inline. Designed with a heat crossover passage
underneath for quick warm up on the carburetors. Take some weight off and
add some class to that impressive engine.
This can get many old hemi racers confused. All of the intake manifolds from
the Chrysler 331 to the 392 were the same width. The 331 & 354 engines had
narrower cylinder heads because of the shorter deck. The 392 engines had a
taller deck and wider cylinder heads. Regardless of what you hear from old
racers, this is how it is. The old hemi racers liked to use the narrower
heads off a 354 on the 392 and that's when you had to have the spacers. Long
story, short if you have the same cylinder heads on your engine, the
manifolds will fit. One more tidbit of good information. The early '51-54
Chrysler hemi engines can use this intake manifold but will require a remote
thermostat housing because the stock intakes have the thermostat housing
built in the intake manifold. This dual four manifold does not have the
T-Stat opening in it. It does have 1/2" pipe thread water ports on each side
and can be easily used with steel braided hose and fittings and provides a
nice set up and great cooling that way.