Re: [Chrysler300] Alot to do about nothing....

Re: [Chrysler300] Alot to do about nothing....

You say that a fake has never detracted from the value of a genuine  article,
but that assumes that the fake is known to be a fake.  Many cars  are sold at
B-J and Mecum, etc., labeled as clones, or replicas, in which case  the buyer
knows what he is buying.  However, what happens to the value of a  car that
is supposed to be "one of one" when all of a sudden another one pops  up,
claiming to also be genuine, thus rendering the first car now "one of two,"  rather
than "one of one?"  In your art world, what would happen if all of a  sudden,
someone showed up with another "genuine" Mona Lisa?  Would your  reaction be
the same, or would you automatically discount the claim because  "Everybody
knows there is only one Mona Lisa?"  Well, in this case  everybody knows there
was only one F Special convertible.  That's the  difference, and if this club
is responsible in its consideration and  preservation of the marque, it
behooves it to let anyone and everyone know  that the car in question is not what it
is purported to be.

Pete Fitch

In a message dated 2/1/2009 11:24:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,