Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Body - a couple questions

Re: [Chrysler300] 300F Body - a couple questions

Noel and All:
I have never seen anything like what I am imagining you are describing (not
that the "F" and "G" couldn't use some effective standing water removal
method).  For a period of time 300Fs came with drain tubes near the lower  corners
of the deck opening.  Mine has those, but still had rust through on  the
gutter.  What I believe happens to these cars is water gets under the  weatherstrip
because of inadequate w/strip adhesion.  Since the underside  is porous, it
is a great place for the water is stay indefinitely and rust the  gutter area
away at its heart's content.
Despite what your restorer thinks, I don't believe the "notches" are a
Chrysler factory modification.  For one thing, a change requiring  a significant
die modification would be seen in other cars, and  secondly, I think styling
would have a coronary over something like that and  would veto it!  Perhaps some
dealer would do something for a good  customer---who knows?
I join Noel in asking if anyone else has ever seen such an  arrangement.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 12/15/2008 2:29:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,