RE: [Chrysler300] 300 c carburetor modifactions

RE: [Chrysler300] 300 c carburetor modifactions

Vince..

I have the modification on my 57 Chrysler 300C coupe. I have had it on there
for about two years now and it definitely makes a significant difference.
The engine idles much smoother and my mileage increase from 14.3 to over 17
mpg. It is tricky to do in regards to the drilling of the pilot jet holes,
so I would be very careful with that or have a qualified carb guy do it. I
located the correct jets in some other old carbs and not being able to find
the correct metering rods, I had them manufactured by a guy in Colorado.
After the job was completed, he suggested that if I do another conversion,
that I could get new Edelbrock jets and have the metering rods adjusted in
size to fit those and accomplish the same thing. He suggested that, because
the older jets are often worn and that reduces the accuracy of the
modification. I believe that is the way I will go on our 300C convertible
when I get around to it.

George

  _____