RE: [Chrysler300] 300 Tire source woes

In radials, the only tire I have found that looks about right re filling out 300C wheel openings, and standing the car the right/correct height, is a 235 75 15inch, and on the research I did, I can only agree with those others whom have said the original 9.50 14inch tires had a diam of approx 29.5 inches.  And all this is before one tries to get wide whitewalls.

To fit 15 tires on a 300, you cannot easily use 14 factory hubcaps, so I finding it easier to put on period/correct looking 15 inch chrome wire wheels, and sdtore your original rimms and caps.  Even going to a 225 75 in a 15 makes the car look poor/lame, so forget trying 225s in a 14 inch.

This is obviously how it is in Australia, but Aust's largest US tire seller says 14 inch in anything over 225 is now for over 12 months gone, regards mainstream availabilty/manufacture, this despite virtually every late 60s Us performance car such as GTOS/Chevelles/Chargers etc using/needing them, and they his biggest seller before this.

So not only is it 300s in trouble, but I believe many more thousands other cars.  Anyone knowing any sources for 235 and up widths 14inch tires in 70 or 75 profiles, please let me know.

You can buy large 14 inch commercial, light truck type tires, but they look like heavy tires, and tread is like real huge and basic, nothing like 50s-60s car type.

Christopher Australia
http://livelife.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=669758

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional