[Chrysler300] A 300L and 413 story and more

[Chrysler300] A 300L and 413 story and more

Hello,

Here is a very unusual bunch of circumstances.  Those of you who have visited the Wisconsin Northwoods know it isn't overly populated with people, 300's, and 413's so that makes all of this especially unusual.

About two weeks ago I saw what I thought was a middle 60's Chrysler at the edge of some newly cleared woods on County H between my house and the motel we had our Spring meet at in Eagle River.  It was at a former junk yard that the DNR ordered to be cleaned up a few years ago.  It was fenced and with a gate so I waited till I saw some activity there before entering.  There was a sign that said "Illegial activites in progress here enter at your own risk".  Well I entered and the gent there said yes, that's a 65 Chrysler 300 (we were about 200' from the car) - go take a look.  Well, it was an all white L which was very complete and not badly rusted by Northwoods standards.  Fast forward and after getting some info from Don, Gloria, Spanky and Gil , the L is now resting in my driveway with the hope that my brother will undertake the restoration and join our Club.

It now turns out the lady who owned it is our very own mail lady (Vonnie Ellis) who I just finally got in touch with tonight.  Hopefully she will find the keys and title for me; she thinks she has them.  She said she really liked the car but when she and her husband (when he was alive) checked about getting it restored they were told it wasn't worth it.  A few years ago when he died is when Vonnie had about 15 old cars (including the L) disposed of at this old junk yard.

Today, while getting some temporary used tires and talking about the L the tire store owner said he had a 413 and trans he would like to sell.  It is in a Winnebago.  He said the engine runs and does not have any problems he knows of and he did not think it had a lot of use.  If you have interest or want more information please call Lee Schuppler at 715-362-4950 or email him at countrytires@xxxxxxxxx  I don't know how different an RV 413 might be but hopefully it might be of use to someone.  If anyone decides to get the 413 and needs a place to stay Barb and I are always looking for guests.

A final unusual circumstance involves our fellow Club member Wayne Graefen.  Two days ago after reading Wayne's Essex alternator email I find myself standing in Walgreen's next to a gent with a Hudson-Essex-Terraplane emblem on his coat.  Well I say hello and after a few minutes of chatting find that this fellow (Elliot Myerson) is a friend of Wayne's.  Elliot who now lives in Crandon, WI knew Wayne back in California.

Somehow I have the feeling there will be other special stories that develope connected with this L.

300'ly

Carlton Schroeder
Eagle River, WI

<*> Your email settings: