Re: [Chrysler300] Distributor needed.300F

Re: [Chrysler300] Distributor needed.300F

   Standard Motor Parts ignition pieces are handled by Carquest stores. Echlin ignition is at NAPA. Either can get what you need. Ground wires and pigtail, coil (-)  to distributor, are both available. Points and condenser are available both places. A distributor number is the best way to find the correct replacement parts BTW. Parts counter person will have to dig out a paper catalog or two and this might be a problem. By distributor number, the vacuum advance number can be accurately found also.

  Problem with old distributors is that the cam wears and uneven firing, cylinder to cylinder, is the result. As new is not available that I have ever known about, the Chrysler Performance electronic is what I have used but your tach drive is a problem. With the Chrysler kit I get even firing and all new parts. John Lazenby can supply the Pertronics conversion to electronic which seems to be a club favorite solution.

  Worn shaft bushings in the distributor housing will cause dwell variation. NAPA used to be a source for bushings Most times, cam wear was the big problem. And especially with on the shelf rebuilt distributors so the best advice is, don't go there.. .

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional