Re: [Chrysler300] Distributor needed.300F

Re: [Chrysler300] Distributor needed.300F

Paul,

I believe any point style distributor from any RB block (413, 426,
440) should both fit and work properly. The 3838 blocks are low
blocks and the distributor is shorter. The mechanical advance curve
and vacuum advance curve might be different, but the engine should
run and idle properly.

Bill Huff

At 8/26/200801:54 AM, Paul Martin wrote:

>Looks like my initial problem with the stalling lies in the
>distributor. Internally the ground wire was brittle and broke off as
>soon as i touched it. Could not get it soldered back on.
>So I am in need of having my original distributor rebuilt. Any suggestions?
>While it is out being rebuilt I am in need of a replacement as i
>NEED THE CAR THIS WEEKEND FOR A WEDDING.
>What can i get away with using? Can I purchase a single point unit
>common to a 440 and have it function properly in the interim. I
>realise I wont have a tach drive and dual points but I will need
>something can while my unit gets done.
>
>Paul Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional