Re: [Chrysler300] 1955 Bumper Jack

In a message dated 7/25/2008 10:17:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jlsavard@xxxxxxx writes:

When I  worked at Chrysler Central Engineering

Joe..
My second assignment in the Chrysler Institute found me in the Structures
Lab where all of these things were tested and you are correct. It was right down
 the hall from the Carburetor lab.  Anyway a very well  defined test
procedure existed and one of the tests that I remember but never had  to perform
required the test engineer to jack up each application to the top  most gear
tooth.  You have to assume that the customer will do that!
They would then push the car off of the jack for a measure of stability.
This was repeated for some required number of times before the jack and the
process were approved.   On a level surface much more is possible than  at the
side of the road, on a soft shoulder and in the dark.   Marv

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: