RE: [Chrysler300] Fluid for convertible top mechanism

RE: [Chrysler300] Fluid for convertible top mechanism

Thanks to all that responded to my query on silicone fluid in top pumps.
After doing some web searching and reading through Hydro-E-Lectric's
website, they definitely do NOT recommend silicone fluid, although they
don't say why.  What I find curious is that they say either ATF or brake
fluid can be used in all systems after 1953.  There is no way I'm going to
put ATF in my original system that has had DOT3/4 brake fluid in it all
these years. My system is still all original, pump, lines, everything, and
it all still looks good.  I'm going to stick with DOT4 fluid.

Bob J

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=3732744/grpspId=1706713852/msgId
=22190/stime=1208690258/nc1=4767085/nc2=4507179/nc3=5170412>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)