Re: [Chrysler300] Remote mirror cables

Hi Gilles and All:

The 300F mirror cables enter the passenger compartment, as you suspected,
through the "keyhole" shaped opening about 4 inches right (inboard) of the left
hood hinge.  This is the same slot through which the hood release, engine
compartment wiring, speedo cable, and transmission cable pass.  The mirror
cables are integral with their seal, an approximately 1" X 1/4"   rectangular
three holed rubber affair which is stacked in the slot with the  others.  It seems
like the wires for this arrangement (300F) would have to  be longer than
those which utilize the larger round three hole grommet, as the  hole for the
round grommet is located closer to the mirror---approximately under  the left hood
hinge.  At least it is in my 300H.  Perhaps one of the  mirrors you have is
actually a 1959.  It would not be surprising if the  cable length were
different between '59 and '60, given the completely new body  in '60.  Hope this helps
a little.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 2/19/2008 1:28:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,