[Chrysler300] 300 L console code

Group

I'm old and confused ! Please help me clear up a possible misconception I might have

on 300 L consoles / data plates:

The sales code for the console in a 300L w/auto trans is 438. This shows up on the data plate as
8 in lines 3 and 4.

My question is for 4-speed car owners. My 4-speed car shows
9 (code 439) which I have always concluded meant "Console w/ Tachometer". (Tachometer standard w/ 4-speed L. extra cost all other models)

There is however a code 439 which is  "Console and Power Trunk Release - N/A on 300L"  I understood it is N/A because on 300Ls 439 means console w/  standard  tachometer.

I'm confused because I can't believe Chrysler would double duty a code and leave it to the line workers to figure out if the car was an L.  Gil C, what do you think?

I'm thinking now that code 439 Console and Power Trunk Release may have come available on 300Ls - especially if some

Would you fine 300L 4-speed owners please check your data plates to see if your P code is "8"  or "9" AND
does your car have a power trunk release. If it has a
8 , does it have an

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional