Re: [Chrysler300] Removing a Clock

Hi Jim;  I'm in the same fit as you with my 62H.  I Had my dash out
(painted) and installed the clock with ease. But I did not check the
working of the clock (I just painted the clock's arms).   Well unlike my
62 Sport 300 where I was able to easily remove it's clock by removing
the ash tray, and it's bracket, but  the H was a son-of-a-gun due to the
welded in ash tray.  I had to tear out the  glove box  (have to buy a
new one now) and the dash brace rod (that bolts to bottom of dash and to
the wiper bracket- luckily my center console was not yet installed)
still took hours to loosen the three screws with a very short socket end
screw driver all by feel.  You only have to remove the top (single
screw) and just loosen the bottom two screws.  The clocks bottom screw
holes are slotted so you just lift the clock up and out.  Don't remove
the bottom screw as you can't see them and hardly can get the nut driver
in to where they are.

I have yet to reinstall the clock.   I took it apart and systematically
oiled the various wheels and gears.  I then manually cocked the spring
many times until the clock started working continuously.  I followed up
my electrically activating the clock and would manually have to
sometimes kick start it.  After an hour of this - it worked great and I
then re-attached the back cover,   I did this to three non working
clocks and got all them working great - all they needed was a good dose
of A-1 Machine oil.  I let them bench run for a few days.

Regards;  ken Wilson, San  Jose, Ca

Jim Maiani wrote:

>Hello fellow 300'ers.....
>I trying to do something I thought would be very simple, but seems not to be.  I'm trying to remove the clock from my 300-H.  Looking at the service manual, it has two procedures; 1 for the Imperial, and 1 for the Chrysler.  The service procedure for the Chrysler says to first remove the glove box door, then the glove box assembly and I should find the 2 screws to remove once the assembly is out.  Well....once I removed the glove box door and the screws to the box assembly, that sucker doesn't want to come out.  And since the fuse block is attached to it, I don't see how it does!  And looking underneath (towards the clock) there are so many air conditioning vents, and dashboard supports, I can't see how it comes out.  Help!
>The Imperial service procedure says it comes out from the front.  That is starting to make more sense.  But before I try something different, I thought I'd ask you more experienced guys.  Someone out there must have removed their clock!  The H should be the same procedure as the F & G (I'm assuming).  What am I doing wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Jim Maiani
>62 300-H (all original)

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx