[Chrysler300] Barrettt Jackson Chrysler 300 results?

[Chrysler300] Barrettt Jackson Chrysler 300 results?

I have only looked quickly at some of BJ Auction results so far, but it seems last years 300G convertible prices are not repeated this time?  Both cars offered that I saw were red - one with white top, the other black. Both seemed good cars from what they said about them, but members in US may know more?

And also results for a '57 and a '60 New Yorker converts were posted this morning, oddly to me, the '57 bringing more than the '60 ?! I say this because the 57 was a maybe less sought after color, than the 60, which seemed a very well known car ?  But then the 57 had chrome wires, with large whitewalls - is that the key to selling 50s- 60s Mopars/300s ??! Or are maybe the hemi cars, 300s, now as keenly sought as the 60-61 ram cars?

Overall, it seemed the real 'rare star cars' of last year's BJ were a bit thinner number wise, and maybe if prices a bit lower, that a reason?

Here in Australia our recent mania, stupidity?, for paying just under a million dollars for low production 67-71 aussie 4 door sedans, coupes, has seen some now start saying the few sales at these prices have been driven by maybe guys who have as syndicates maybe up to 15 of these they plan to sell - at they hope the high prices they have helped 'create' ?
Regards any 300, over here the cost of fully restoring any car is outrageous re ever higher costs/prices, and no doubt any 300 of the first 7 years is going to cost big bucks to concours restore wherever in the world?

No one plans to sell ( most 300reders that is I assume), but if one can recover the often more than I thought it would initially cost, then that is some compensation?

Anyone else got any thoughts re BJ 2008, and what 300 values are doing, say versus other car values/costs?

Christopher in Australia

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional