[Chrysler300] Re:a/c freon

<<I have a chrysler 300F will it hurt the compressor if I put in the  latest
new freon after purging the system?>>

Regardless of what some might tell you, I recommend not doing this. Many
technicians think that if you purge the system, change the  receiver/drier, type
of lubricating oil and o-rings, that older systems  will work satisfactorily
with newer refrigerant. This may be true for cars from  the 80's on up, but
(speaking from personal experience) it is not true for the  more primitive a/c
systems found on 60's cars like your 300F. The different  pressures and
temperatures of the newer refrigerant will confuse your system and  result in the
system running overtime. Your a/c will work okay and you'll  think things are fine
until after six months or so when your compressor burns up  and seizes. I
found out the hard way on my 1969 Road Runner. Go original.

300F'ly,

Roger Karlson
Santa Barbara, CA

Yahoo! Groups Links