From: Bruce Paul [mailto:b_paul_ncp@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 7:48 AM
To: Bob Jasinski
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Cold start--Electric fuel pump

You are correct. I would have to move the wire about 1" from the start
terminal to the hot connection on the starting relay. That might be easier
than holding the pushbutton in for the time period that the electric pump
might be needed for actual driving, and it would leave both hands available
to be on the steering wheel.

Besides saving a lot of engine cranking and wear on the starter motor to get
fuel to the carbs, the electric pump is definitely an accessory that is
worth having for back-up. It also seems to help hot engine restarting by
eliminating vapor lock.

--- Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> The only drawback (if you view it that way) is that
> you can't use the electric pump for a backup if the mechanical pump
> fails on the road. You could, of course, temporarily connect a wire
> from the battery to the pump to keep it running, until you got to
> where you could get it fixed.
>
> Bob

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: