[Chrysler300] Starting problems for C-300 - a challenge for the new year

[Chrysler300] Starting problems for C-300 - a challenge for the new year

Hello group,

my C-300 has been reluctant to start since I bought it back in 85 and almost
countless hours have been spent on trying to make it better, plus I have
learned a few tricks down the road too.

But, now the car absolutely declines to even cough. Despite using starting
fluid and observing that there is a (very weak) spark on an external plug I
connect, nothing happens. I even did install a Pertronix electronic ignition
that has been collecting dust in my garage for a few years, which gave just
slightly larger sparks (still less than my other 6V cars). Do anyone have a
suggestion for me to try out?

To possibly help you further in deducing the problems: The coil is OK,
probably less than 10 hours on it. All plugs are checked and
de-oiled/de-carbonized and have less than 40 miles, plug wires were made by
owner back in 1999 with zero resistance. Rotor and Dist cap have same
mileage as the plugs. The car did last run in August when it had a rough
idle and low power possibly due to low compression in one or two cylinders
(as they all were OK 50 miles ago, I suspect this to be stuck valves, a new
compression check is next on the list). I had no access to a timing light so
the timing could very well be rather far out (set by ear last time), anyone
know whether a Petronix conversion requires a large adjustment (like 180
degrees)?

Narve Nordanger

C-300 in Norway

3 in of snow, with -3 degrees Celsius (26 Fahrenheit?) so no obvious hurry

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: