Re: [Chrysler300] 300G Transmission Linkage Bushings

Re: [Chrysler300] 300G Transmission Linkage Bushings

Hi Kenny,

My initial response was going to be "there aren't any bushings" but I went out and uncovered my G. I saw and now remember a couple. These apear to be very similar to those used in later model kick down brackets. I'm sure there is a relatively easy replacement, but I don't know exactly from where to find it.

I think you will be best served to find exactly which bushing(s) are bad. Most of the connections are of a ball and socket design (no bushing).

Best regards,

Richard Osborne
Off to SEMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>> Kenny Cassady <kennycassady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 10/31/07 12:39 pm >>>
Hello all in 300 Land,

Hoping you can help with this one.  I'm told by my transmission shop (thank
you Larry) that I need to replace the bushings in the transmission linkage
on my 300G, the linkage between the carbs and the trans that is (I'm having
a problem picturing this, and don't have my shop manual handy).  They have
adjusted the linkage as far as possible, and have the trans performing as
normal as possible.  But to "get it right" we have to replace the bushings.

Can anyone help identify these bushings (part #, how many, etc.) and perhaps
suggest some sources of availability?

Many thanks,

Kenny Cassady
300G hardtop