RE: [Chrysler300] Containers to Australia?

RE: [Chrysler300] Containers to Australia?

As a sort of regular Ebay watcher, some/many items that are large/larger
appear from time to time - this including 300C parts, but seemingly not so
much 300C stuff lately, compared to say 12-18 months ago - others may offer
their views re this, and maybe why? (apart from that 300s getting prettty
old now, and maybe the best/better bits picked over by now?!)

So the only answer I can provide re shipping to Australia is:
1) if possible pay USPS shipping price - either Air or Surface, although
Surface takes around 7-13 weeks - none is cheap, and Michael has hit on the
next biggest snag apart from high cost - namely USPS won't ship oversize
items.
And as I discovered last week, oversize can mean a single stainless  boot
lip moulding off a '69/70 Pontiac Grand Prix - an item approx 2" in diameter
and only about 48 inches long, shipping weight less than 2 lbs !!

2) next option for 'oversize' items - find someone who uses containers.
HOWEVER since 'SEPT 11', all items leaving US are now under strict 'who owns
this every last thing/item' !!!
And that means the shipper must declare who owns it - and if it owned by
someone other than the container buyer -'can's owner', then a seperate
Customs Entry/declaration, whole paperwork nightmare, quarantine, etcc, etcc
regime, paperwork, extra processing fees, extra $$$$ whatever thingos they
can dream up, hit you with !! that before whatever the shipper wants for his
space in his can, never mind the risk lost extra paperwork may hold up his
getting his container cleared by Customs, Fed Govt depts, etc.
In other words one single old '50s 300 part can end up same
cost/grief/whatever as a whole near 20 foot complete car  !!!

All this aside, I know of maybe 3 aussies who for last 10+ years bring
containers in, who if they agree, will bring 'old car' items in for people,
paying customers - that not to say they will always agree.
If the person/people involved wish to contact me off list, I can suggest who
they may try - but it is totally then up to them if they go ahead with any,
and whatever dramas, good deals/times, they then have, are nothing to do
with me!!

Of over maybe 200 plus things I have purchased in the US over lkast couple
of years for my 300s and the too many other 'old cars', I have only used
container shipping for about 8 items, have passed totally on another maybe
40 items because 'too hard/costly/problem involved, to try to ship by
other's containers.

You 300 guys in the US are real lucky you do not have to ship to Australia -
the only most logical way normally one would ship larger items is UPS, and
yet you can nearly buy a whole car for what they want for a few mid sized
cardboard boxes !!!  Thank heavens for USPS for smaller items.  And go the
'container route', and just paperwork for one item can be near $200, never
mind all other $$$.

Cold wet showery weather continues here - more big snows on our ski alps
tipped next few days - at least the skiiers will be grinning, hope you all
had good Memorial Day Weekends - and got those 300s out for a good spin?

Christopher in Australia

>From: "Vath, Michael J." <Michael.Vath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: 'Marianne' <marianne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>CC: Sean Morgan <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stuart Morgan
><stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Chrysler300] Containers to Australia?
>Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:49:56 -0400
>

>Happy back-to-work day.
>I've had a fella ask me to send some large 300 parts to Australia. I'm
>finding that the USPS size limits are easy to exceed --- and tres expensive
>anywhere close to the max.
>
>Thought I'd try to help find any list guys who might fill containers here
>in
>the US destined for Australia...?  I know those smart Fins, Danes and
>Swedes
>have developed the containership pipeline. We just ship to a US address guy
>who takes care of loading the boat.    Anything such dealio out there for
>the Aussies?  Thanks. vath
>

>-- to the .au boys:  Fitting subject in that I just had a 413 delivered to
>my house in the back of a right-hand drive Valiant UTE. Not too many here
>in
>GA!

Advertisement: 1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D27782&_t=762255081&_r=lavalife_may07_1000sexysingles&_m=EXT

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: