Re: [Chrysler300] Brainstorming & Troubleshooting Req'd - '65 300

Re: [Chrysler300] Brainstorming & Troubleshooting Req'd - '65 300

Ryan,

This may sound really stupid and you may have already done so, but if not give it a try.  Over the years I've experienced vacuum leaks at different places on some of my cars.

One was a break booster and as soon as I plugged the inlet to the manifold the problem went away.  Other leaks have been solved simply by shooting carb / brake cleaner or even something like WD40 around where you suspect a leak.  If there is a leak the idle will change as soon as it sucks up the fluid.

There are probably more sophisticated ways to check, but this was shown to me when I was just a lad and that wasn't yesterday.

Good luck,

John Lazenby

1955 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe Town & Country
1955 Imperial Newport
1955 Chrysler C300 Tango Red
1956 Chrysler 300B Cloud White
1957 Chrysler 300C Coupe Raven Black