Smokin' Seat!

The car is the 1962 300 Sport with a factory power seat.
Today one of my kids hit the switch on the way into the back seat.
The switch would not release, no matter which way I moved it.
So, then the smoke started smokin' and the electrical smell smelled....
I reached under and unplugged the harness that runs from the switch to the
motor.
I am sure I didn't really fry things beyond future use, as I did this all
really quick.

What do I need to check and/or clean to make sure this doesn't happen
repeatedly?

Thanks!

Matt Allyn
Exec. in Charge of Prod.