From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Owen Grigg
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 7:01 PM
To: 'Josh Mishler'
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Wayne Graefen'
Subject: RE: Re: [Chrysler300] 300G manual trans

I felt I just had to chuck my 2c worth in on this....it gets me a little hot
under the collar...

Personally I'm really concerned about the negative impact of soaring 300
prices. Why should the GENUINE car guy be happy about his 300 being
SUPPOSEDLY worth some idiotic amount of money. Let's turn them all into
"Duesenbergs" so we can pay outrageous prices for parts, make the auction
guys rich, line the pockets of the "investment" (read non car enthusiast),
create more bogus cars and cut the GENUINE YOUNG (read future of the hobby)
car guy out of the 300 car market.

I had the joy of meeting one of these "big time car investment guys"
recently. A friend of mine had worked furiously and meticulously to restore
this moneyman's '57 Chev injection car over the last two years or so. On the
day of pick up he informed us all, of how much the car was worth blah blah
blah. He would not let ANYONE, including the restorer, near the car, drive
the car, or photograph the car for their album. I thought to myself what a
sad, sad sack of you know what, this guy was. Will that car EVER be enjoyed
or will it just travel from auction to auction on its square wheels.

Personally I hope the market crashes, throws out all the "big-notes" and
brings in all the REAL car guys. You wanna invest, invest in something
boring like property......

Owen