Re: [Chrysler300] 300D,F&G - Need for D Seats!

Re: [Chrysler300] 300D,F&G - Need for D Seats!

Hey folks -

  I visited Berrien Farrell in South Carolina last weekend & saw his three cars for sale.  He seems like a real straight shooter, and a nice guys as well.  He build hot rods, and his specialty is stuffing 426 Hemis in Dodge Darts.

  Of the 300s, all three cars have been in the family for over 25 years - he got them from his uncle, along with who-knows-how-many other vehicles - he has over 100 cars, many are projects.  I saw just a couple of them, but made the 1200 mile round-trip on the Harley only to look at the 300s.

  He sold the white G coupe over the phone while I was there - extremely sad A/C car, as the rust bug had eaten away at major parts of the unibody, no VIN, rusted away body tag, rusty chrome, lumpy potmetal, but the 4 hubcaps that came with it were 99.9% PERFECT.  He got $2400.  The car still had every special G part in place (side spears, 150 MPH speedo, tach, etc.), but Berrien is keeping the engine (complete down to air cleaners) & Torqueflite transmission.

  The black non-A/C F coupe, I believe, was quite nice - it had remained unmoved for 25 years, and was covered in a thick layer of dust and was on 3 flat tires- the D had set next to it, but the D had already been moved outside  - Berrien is trying to clean house.  The F was typical of a 10-15-year-old used car, except for the fact it's been dormant for the last quarter-century, and has not been started in that time.  There is minor rust on the headlight eyebrows, and surface rust on the rockers, but that's all I could tell in the cramped garage.  It looked darn straight, too, and the drivers' door (the only one I could get to) closed with a nice "Thunk". He could not find the trunk key.  Someone applied small "LeBaron" nameplates to the upper middle grille and also near the rear deck chrome handle.  The chrome was fair, not show-worthy, but it was covered in that dust also. The interior was worn and dirty, but all there. It also appeared complete down to the air cleaners
 and wheel covers. He is asking $25,000 for it.

  The D coupe I bought!  It has a little more rust (it does have a few rust holes, but the rear quarters are not bad) than I'd like, but overall is quite solid.  It has all the right numbers (2141 & 2142 Carters, etc.), and is mostly complete, outside of missing front & rear seats & rear armrests - many years ago, he had dropped those items at an upholstery shop with new leather, and the guy skipped town! So if anyone out there in 300 Land has appropriate front & rear seats and rear armrests, and you'd like to part with 'em, let me know off-list - I would expect to have to reupholster them -  thanks.

  I have a number of pics of the F, but I don't know if it's still for sale.  I could forward them to anyone who is thinking about buying it - the VIN tag in included in those pictures.  It may take a day for me to get those pics together - I still haven't downloaded or zipped them yet.

  Oh - Thanks, Stan!

  John Spiers
  Lake Worth, Florida
  D Coupe, Ram K Conv

Stan Arthur <stanleyrarthur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Met this guy at the Ocala Mopar show this weekend and he says he has a D ,
intact (minus seats) surface body rust, no holes; an F that's been in the
warehouse for 25 years and wants to part out a G. He says he wants to hold
onto the engine. I can't tell you anymore but I'm sure some of you have
questions. His name is Berrien Farrell at 843-821-6928, cell 843-696 6699.
He reports that he needs to move these soon. Good hunting! Stan Arthur