RE: [Chrysler300] Baited Breath, Barrett-Jackson, & Collector Car Insura

RE: [Chrysler300] Baited Breath, Barrett-Jackson, & Collector Car Insurance

I'm not an economist, but I am aware of a pricing concept called the
"greater fool theory".  The recent "dot com" bust and the meltdown of my
former employer (Enron) strongly indicate that the prices of securities,
commodities, real estate and even Chrysler 300's can be a function of what
some other fool is willing to pay.  I think insurance companies are aware of
this concept and much prefer to deal in the rather straightforward repair
costs and replacement as per Kelly Bluebook or NADA.  Insuring volatile and
emotion-driven market value is a different risk management business.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber (Enron survivor/retiree-class of '93)
Murietta, CA (Temporary--another beautiful day!)
1955 C-300 (Definitely at risk on these freeways--fortunately, driver was
trained in freeway driving amongst armed crazies in Houston)

Yahoo! Groups Links