[Chrysler300] Collector Car Insurance

I have two vehicles that I am going to need to insure in the near future and
wonder how insurance companies look at or handle the issue of replacement
cost vs. actual market value. I have just recently restored my 65 300 and I
have a pretty good idea of what it's market value is. I did 99% of the
restoration myself and managed to keep the restoration costs fairly close to
the market value. The car might have cost me 3 times the market value if I'd
paid to have most of the work done.

I assume I would be awarded a settlement equal to the agreed market value
and I would be on my own to replace the car if it were to be stolen or
burned etc.. What would I do if I couldn't find a replacement that equals my
lost car? Would I be naive to think an insurer would pay to restore a
similar car to the same level regardless of the cost excedeing the market
value?

Perhaps a better example, I also have a mahogany runabout that was custom
built (by my father) 45 years ago. The actual market value I'm not certain
of as there is really only one way to find that out. However, I know it
would cost many times the market value to replicate the boat today if
anything were to ever happen to it.(even though I have the blueprints) Would
replacement cost ever be considered or is market value (appraised value)
always the best we could hope for?

Hope this is considered 300 related. These questions might be best asked of
my agent but I wanted feedback from anyone who has had issues with replacing
rare vehicles.

Ryan Hill

Yahoo! Groups Links