Re: [Chrysler300] while you were watching the G, there was an F

Re: [Chrysler300] while you were watching the G, there was an F

 aussie CHRISTOPHER & GROUP, I DISAGREE WITH YOUR COMPARISON. THEY'RE 2
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS. I THINK A BETTER 1957 COMPARISON, WOULD BE THE '57
PONTIAC BONNEVILLE WITH FUEL INJECTION. THIS WAS THE SAME TYPE CAR. THERE WERE 629
CONVERTIBLES BUILT & 484 300 C VERTS. I GRANT YOU, IT DID NOT RECEIVE
MILESTONE STATUS, BUT SHOULD HAVE. I THINK A PUBLICATION DID A ROAD TEST COMPARISON ON
THESE CARS. THERE WAS THE '57 CHEVY WITH FI & THE '57 STUDEBAKER SUPERCHARGED
GOLDEN HAWK. '57.THE '57 T BIRD SHOULD ONLY BE COMPARED TO THE VETTE. STEVE
ESTOK, IN 78 & CLOUDY, PUNTA GORDA, FL

> In 1957 what was the only US car that could run with a 300 - most likely
> answer was the F Code Thunderbird. F Code was Ford designation for McCulloch
>
> VR Supercharged 312motors. Actual hp seems to have been about 350bhp, on
> dyno figures of rebuilt stock motors today. Near likely 300 car's hp
> figures, from say 57 to 62?

Yahoo! Groups Links