From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of christopher beilby
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:35 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] while you were watching the G, there was an F

For those that may care, a question.

In 1957 what was the only US car that could run with a 300 - most likely
answer was the F Code Thunderbird. F Code was Ford designation for McCulloch
VR Supercharged 312motors. Actual hp seems to have been about 350bhp, on
dyno figures of rebuilt stock motors today. Near likely 300 car's hp
figures, from say 57 to 62?

With 300G conv figures just given re ebay one, of about 130 surviving, total
production of F Code Thunderbirds was only about this figure. The number
surviving today I do not know - even if 50%, this means maybe only less than
around 50.

So an unrestored F Code that just finished on Ebay is a perhaps interesting
comparison re where rare unrestored US performance icons' values are at?  It
finished near $55K, but bid was not enough. So that a much plainer looking
US performance milestone car finished mid $50Ks in unrestored condition
seems to indicate that the 300G convertible price was in a similar vein.

Obviously both cars are very different, but anyone owning and using either
would not feel too shabby or disappointed.  What all this likely means that
if you have not got your special plaything, looks like it could be
expensive? So where does that leave the chances of picking up another
enjoyable 'sin' - a good looking nice personality busty babe - seems to me
they are often attracted to money too?! - does that just leave us with site
member's thought 'that in heaven we can get what we want', be it a stick 4
speed F?  Sounds maybe a bit too good to be true, think I'll hang round a
while yet.
aussie Christopher

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links