[Chrysler300] Taking the G apart, (or any other car)

[Chrysler300] Taking the G apart, (or any other car)

Ray Jones has perhaps offered the most helpful advice re working on any car
- and may I add it is indeed often insightful (that is not what you get when
you drink too much Tequila) to read more than one manual on how to do
things.  Recently removing lower suspension arm on my 71 El Camino saw
Chiltons Auto repair Manual offer a most difficult and stressful hard option
versus a far easier method suggested in another guide - so having more than
one guide can often save grief.

The one thing that many repair guides may not offer up is how flammable the
underfelt is under our period car's carpet, and how fast the hessian under
the leather in our seats is. So never unless no other option use the oxy on
seized seat bolts under your front seat edges, and always be wary using an
angle grinder near carpet underfelt - often just the sparks are enough to
set the underfelt smouldering, then on fire. And then of course is another
far more obvious final thought - do not use oxy on rear bumper brackets if
gas tank is near, or ideally if still in car   !!!
And one final one - be aware if grinding welds or rust repairs - metal - ,
that the material you spray off the grinder can and will stick into any
glass it hits - by melting into it if still hot. If bad, the fine metal
sprayl can ruin your glass, even if you are able to scrape it off with say a
razor, it will leave pits, pock marks - so always make sure no glass in line
of grinding, and that also means make sure metal spray cannot hit glass
wound down in doors through openings on door or quarter insides !!

So there it is - learn what you can before starting, and better still as
well, if know someone who has done it before, ask if any tips or clues -
like if going to use the oxy to heat something, get someone show you how to
set the flame, what tip to use, how to heat the threads without melting them
and accidentally making ity harder to undo the nut.  And then in a couple of
weeks, when you have done a bit, get the video "The Gods must be Crazy" and
go to the bit where they are in the middle of nowhere in Africa, and the
poor sod is working on the Land Rover under the tree - you will then know
what frustration is, that working on difficult things is, can do to you.

yours from Australia where I parked two of my 300Cs beside each other ready
to swap rear springs, and then went on worked on three other cars instead -
all of which likely were more stressfull than doing the spring swap.  At
least none of them were pommie!!

Yahoo! Groups Links