RE: [Chrysler300] Fun with Cams - '65 413

RE: [Chrysler300] Fun with Cams - '65 413

Don't worry about what the factory specs were. The technology that is
available in todays cams is far superior to what you have in your 40 yr. old
413. Call the tech support for any of the major brands and let them know
what you are looking for. They will use your vehicle weight, transmission
type, stall speed, gear ratio, etc. to determine the best cam for you. The
performance and efficiency will almost certainly improve.

As for your bent pushrods, any cam with a higher lift will likely make it
worse. If you replace the pushrods, make sure they are much stronger but
also keep in mind that you may now punch through your stock rockers. Unless
your springs have been upgraded, it's odd you're having any of these
problems though? I have a nice collection of bent pushrods and shattered
rockers but they are all because I upgraded my springs to Hemi units to
remedy a valve float problem at high revs and didn't upgrade the rest of the
valvetrain. It's a can of worms. If you upgrade, upgrade everything.

Ryan Hill