[Chrysler300] Still Starts Then Dies - '65 300 Con't

[Chrysler300] Still Starts Then Dies - '65 300 Con't

I've already had so many responses this morning, I need to respond to
everyone as a group.

The carb base gasket has been checked and also replaced with a slightly
different design to ensure there wasn't a problem there.

The engine was completely rebuilt. Timing chain is brand new and timing is
dead on. I even degreed the cam to ensure it was exactly where it should be.

The primary and secondary plates open and close freely and the primary does
completely close.

The gas tank has been vented. Car also displayed the exact same symptoms
while running it from a gravity feed bottle directly into the fuel pump.
Fuel is being delivered to the carb well.

The screen in the carb was clear of any debris and I have tried running it
without the screen for better flow.

I had been drizzling fuel into the carb to try and keep it running with some
success a couple months ago which had led me to believe it was starving for
fuel. I may try that again to see if that still works. (I know, I
know......I will be carefull)

I will be checking the metering rods and jets again to ensure I'm not
completely cutting off fuel supply when the vacuum draws the rods down. This
theory seems to be making some sense to me. As the vacuum builds, the car
stalls..............maybe we're on to something. Hopefully I'll get a chance
to tinker with it tonight or Friday.

Wish I had a Web cam in my garage right now so everyone interested could
tune in and share their advice while I worked. That'd be cool! Thanks to all
of you.

Ryan