SV: [Chrysler300] Master Cylinder-1955 C300

SV: [Chrysler300] Master Cylinder-1955 C300

Rick,
a guy called Jim Fredrick of MN has been advertising MC rebuilding kits for
the '55s in the WPC Club for years ( estatecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ). After 20
years of looking for parts for my '55 I have never seen anyone else listing
these, I also believe this guy made them after realizing he could not obtain
it anywhere for his personal car. Have no idea about what he charges for it
today.

Myself I bought one kit 18 years ago from Jim Fredricks, which worked fine
for 15 years, but lately the MC has been seeping fluid into the booster. So
on my shelf is a rebuilt MC/booster set-up from one of those
re-sleeve/rebuild companys, awaiting to replace the old unit.

As for running on drums, a good tip when rebuilding is to have the company
resurfacing the shoes to grind them to a perfect fit for your drums
(adjusted to measures of the drums' inside diameter). This ensures 100%
contact from Day 1, instead of wearing the bands in over the first 1000
miles.

Narve
C-300 in Norway
(fresh snow today)