300 C cutting out on turns

It is starting to bug me a bit, so ??

My car has the original Carter Carbs I believe, ignition seems fine, running octane booster in fuel, temperature now usually around 80- 100 degrees, motor warm/hot.

Is it common for 300 C's:
1. to cut out on sharp/hard 90degree turns left or right, say moving quickly away from traffic lights as you turn - yet once finish turn the motor runs normal again? (float levels seem ok, and accelerator pumps ok)

and 2. if you floor it to near full throttle from a standing start, that the motor has large flat spot/dies, unless you temporarily back off? (that is once roling slightly - o/wise lights up tyres!)

Car has radial tyres, is brilliant to drive daily except power steering gives little 'feel' re where front tyres actually are/doing, in turns.

'aussie' Christopher