popping

Hi to all,.

I am experiencing a problem which has left me befuddled. Perhaps someone on
this list can help, might have dealt with it before?

The patient is a 300G convertible in bone stock trim . The problem is
popping / burping / backfiring thru the carb(s) on left hand turns.

Before y'all say "carb. float adjustement" , let me tell you that I have
tried THREE different pairs of carbs on this car. I even took a pair of
carbs off my 300G convert, which does NOT pop when making any kind of turn
at any speed. I even roadtested my "G" convert. before removing the carbs
and made many turns at varying speeds before determining that it does not,
ever, pop back thru the carbs.

The result of all this carb swapping has left me completely mystified. The
sick car still pops thru the carbs when making a left. Even pops through the
carbs from my 300G convert, which I know are good. This is a dangerous
situation as it can pop / backfire thru the carbs so hard at times that it
will stall ! The popping mostly occurs when giving a little throttle while
going through the turn - as one would normally drive.

The car runs PEFECTLY otherwise. Good idle. Plenty of power. No accelerator
pump lag. Runs like a dream at any speed - except when making a left turn

I have taken off the rams, reinstalled with new intake gasket. No
difference. This feels like a fuel problem, and not electrical. I have
checked all the wiring, and indeed all the connections to distributor, coil,
etc.

Help. I don't know where to go from here.

John