From: "Oddvin Skråmestø" <ragtopman@xxxx>
To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 2:25 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300C vapour lock?

> Hi.
> This summer we have had the hotest summer ever here in Norway, several
days with temperatures over 82F. Driving my 300C in this temperature, the
engine stalls when idling, like stopping at traffic lights etc. After a
minor stop or driving at a slow section on the road, the car hesitates when
accelerating. It seems like a fuelpump failure, but only when hot. At
startup cold, and at continuous high speed driving the car acts normal. When
the car stops, it give me a hard time trying to make it run. I have never
had this kind of trouble before, and I have also driven the car at high
temperatures before too. Can a fuelpump start to fail when hot? Or is the
heat making a vapour lock at the pump. The pump is 12 years old, could this
be the first sign of wear?.
> I'm planning to install an electric fuelpump to assist the original, and
to help filling up the carbs after the winter rest.