VS: JOHNA AND BOB HAD A VIRUS--CHECK YOUR COMPUTER TOO!!

----- Original Message -----
From: kjelegil
To: ak.dronen@xxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 7:47 PM
Subject: Fw: JOHNA AND BOB HAD A VIRUS--CHECK YOUR COMPUTER TOO!!

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert & Johna Stott
To: kjelegil
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 3:36 AM

THE FOLLOWING IS AN EMAIL I RECEIVED THIS EVENING FROM AN EBAY CUSTOMER. I DID WHAT IT SAID TO DO AND SURE ENOUGH I HAD THE VIRUS IN MY FILES. I ALSO RUN NORTON ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM AND UPDATE FREQUENTLY. I WENT OVER AND CHECKED DAD'S COMPUTER AND HE HAD IT TOO. SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS VERY CAREFULLY AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET RID OF IT. WE ARE VERY SORRY ALSO AND WE DON'T TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY OR WE'D GO NUTS! THANKS--JOHNA

PS CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS 319.392.8611

A friend sent me the following, and I found the file named "sulfnbk.exe" on my C drive. I deleted it, and am sending this to you so you can decide what to do. I'm sorry if I inadvertently sent this virus to you.
Steve Hurley

To all from Mary:

I had a virus.... and it works by attacking the address book. It lies dormant for up to 14 days.... and then kills your hard drive. Since you are in my address book...I am sending this to you. I have Norton Antivirus, but this got through any way. If you follow the directions below, you should be able to easily remove the virus.

Directions:

1. Go to "start" then to "Find" or Search
2. In the "Search for Files or Folders: type sulfnbk.exe --- this is the name of the virus.
3. In the "Look in" box make sure you are searching Drive C
4. Hit "Search" button (or Find)
5. If this file shows up (it's an ugly blackish icon that will have the name "sulfnbk.exe) DO NOT OPEN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Right click on the file --- go down to delete and left click.
7. It will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin, say Yes.
8. Go to your desktop (where all the icons are) and double click on the Recycle Bin
9. Right click on "sulfnbk.exe" and delete again.... or empty the bin.
10. If you find it, send this email to all in your address book, because that's how it gets transferred.