From: Anton Kåre Drønen <ak.dronen@xxxx>
To: listserver 300 club <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 10:38 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] VS: JOHNA AND BOB HAD A VIRUS--CHECK YOUR COMPUTER
TOO!!

> THE FOLLOWING IS AN EMAIL I RECEIVED THIS EVENING FROM AN EBAY CUSTOMER.
I DID WHAT IT SAID TO DO AND SURE ENOUGH I HAD THE VIRUS IN MY FILES. I
ALSO RUN NORTON ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM AND UPDATE FREQUENTLY. I WENT OVER AND
CHECKED DAD'S COMPUTER AND HE HAD IT TOO. SO PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS
VERY CAREFULLY AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET RID OF IT. WE ARE VERY SORRY
ALSO AND WE DON'T TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY OR WE'D GO NUTS! THANKS--JOHNA

> PS CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS 319.392.8611
>

> A friend sent me the following, and I found the file named "sulfnbk.exe"
on my C drive. I deleted it, and am sending this to you so you can decide
what to do. I'm sorry if I inadvertently sent this virus to you.
> Steve Hurley
>
> To all from Mary:
>
> I had a virus.... and it works by attacking the address book. It lies
dormant for up to 14 days.... and then kills your hard drive. Since you are
in my address book...I am sending this to you. I have Norton Antivirus, but
this got through any way. If you follow the directions below, you should be
able to easily remove the virus.