           From: LOUISENYLA@xxxxxxx
           From: helmj@xxxxxxxxxx
           From: Mike <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: G Barker <gbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "RON KURTZ" <Mark268@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Magik Draggin'" <longrammopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Chuck McGill <chuxter@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Ron Waters" <ronbo97@xxxxxxxx>
           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Mike <moparmike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: " Jim McMullan" <macthehammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Brake Drums
           From: djkrontz@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:50:01 EDT
   From: LOUISENYLA@xxxxxxx
Subject: more on modifications

Dear Members,

Using Low Gear to slow a car down while on a long downgrade isn't it the very
best advice, because our high compression engines in trying to slow the
vehicle down can stretch rod bearing cap bolts, that's why dragster and funny
cars and other racing cars throw there vehicles in neutral at the end of the
quarter mile.  Trucks are know to use lower gears on a down grade but they
don't hurt the engines cause its a low compression engine, except for deisel
, but diesel engines are extra extra heavy duty. Chances are you wouldn't
stretch a bearing cap slowing one of those things down from coming out of
orbit.  If I was coming down a long long down grade, at most I would slip
into second gear only, and gently tap my brakes.

Do you agree Dan????

Teddy

Message: 2