RE: {Chrysler 300} FW: '64 center console removal

I should have said lithium white…

From: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2024 6:40 AM
To: James Douglas <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler 300 club <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} FW: '64 center console removal

hi avoid white grease like the plague . Stuff turns to solid yellow glue . Was big in 50’s it’s junk. Lubriplate turns solid

I use a tube of chassis grease or wheel bearing grease , large toothpick ; synthetic  or lithium  grease even better .

never turns hard .

75 w synthetic GL4 in squeeze bottle is terrific too . stays  there but can run in , great in window lifts seats gearboxes ,

Not the GL5 (more common ) it has EP additives supposedly hurt brass parts

I have modified a lab squeeze bottle or any plastic squeeze bottle with 6” of plastic wiper water hose , weatherstrip cement a tite  fit hole through  cap , use brake kleen red straw about 4 “ long sealed into other end . Humans make tools(!) this is one w GL4 one of best  things I even made , all kinds of linkages gearboxes screws locks etc